Kerry Andrew is an English composer, performer, writer, and educator.
Andrew lived in Canada with her family in her early years. The family returned to the United Kingdom when Andrew was six, and settled in the Buckinghamshire area. Andrew earned her BA in Music and her MA and PhD in Composition from the University of York. She presently has academic affiliations with Trinity College of Music through their Junior Trinity and Trinity Laban programmes and at the University of Kent.
Andrew’s choral works have been published by Oxford University Press and by Faber Music. Her vocal trio piece The Song of Doves concluded the national memorial service for the victims of the 7 July bombings, receiving national broadcast live on the BBC and other news outlets. Her composition Dusk Songs was commissioned and recorded by The Ebor Singers and released by Boreas Music in 2007. Her music has also been recorded on the Naxos and Nonclassical labels. In November 2010 she was a prize winner in the Making Music category of the British Composer Awards for her composition Fall. She was composer-in-residence at the Handel House Museum from 2010 to 2012.
In December 2014 Andrew won prizes at British Composer Awards in the categories for Community or Educational Project (for Woodwose: A Community Chamber Opera) and for Stage Works (for Dart’s Love).
In addition to her composition work, Andrew is a member of the ensembles Juice, DOLLYman and Metamorphic. She also performs as a solo alt-folk artist under the name You Are Wolf.
- Year of birth: 1978
- Website: https://kerryandrew.tumblr.com
- Biography: https://kerryandrew.tumblr.com/about
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Andrew
Works by Kerry Andrew
Festival performances of works by Kerry Andrew
Festival commissionWorld premiereLondon premiere
- “Retrospective”: 20 Years of Commissioning New Music on Thursday 12 May 2022 at St Pancras Parish Church
- Sung Solemn Mass on Sunday 15 May 2022 at St George’s Cathedral Southwark
- Choral Evensong on Sunday 12 May 2019 at St Pancras Parish Church
- Solemn Mass on Sunday 12 May 2019 at St George’s Cathedral Southwark
- “Mother of God - Songs of Mary”: Promenade Concert on Friday 12 May 2017 at The National Gallery
- Choral Evensong on Sunday 9 May 2010 at St Pancras Parish Church
- Choral Evensong on Wednesday 12 May 2010 at St Pancras Parish Church